View Single Post
February 8th, 2013, 04:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry to hear what you are going through Michelle! My husband and I went through a rough patch for a little while but after enough crying and conversations about it he realized what his duties are. I think he understands now that sometimes I just need to know I have his support, even if I don't need his help. In the middle of the night, I do a lot of the feedings, and he takes over once in a while. But on nights when he doesn't feed him he will still wake up and ask if I need anything, or if he can get me anything. I find that I stay totally relaxed and at peace with what I'm doing when he offers me that support. If he rolls over, doesn't say anything to me and snores while I feed him, I find myself wanting to poke him in the eye, haha. I think one thing that has helped is that I work 3 days a week, and every week he has Remy for one of the days (his schedule rotates). He takes care of him all day. He also takes care of him when I need to go grocery shopping, or out to some other stores for a while. I LOVE that time to myself. I would suggest that you and your husband come to an agreement that you get some time to yourself out of the house each week. It is totally refreshing and makes me feel much better about the time I spend at home.

Anyway back to the original question, part of my response is above - I go out shopping once in a while, and just bought myself a couple pairs of colored jeans that I love! I love going grocery shopping by myself. My husband and I also go out once in a while and have his parents watch Remy. We went and saw Warm Bodies last week... before Remy was born, we went to movies all the time, so I'm glad we are still doing that once in a while!