View Single Post
February 10th, 2013, 07:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJRPete View Post
There is kind of no reason to be fretting about this, though I know you will because you care for O, but there is nothing to be done about it. She is a recovering alcoholic and it is the best she can afford, most likely.

Also, you say you do not put O in the middle, but this should not have been a question for O, period. You put him smack in the middle by questioning him about it. Ask BM. Ask the police. But do not put O in that spot..... my ex does not allow me to see where he takes my son for visits. His home when last I saw it was all ripped up since he bought it in foreclosure and it was a mess. R cannot yet tell me what goes on but I would never put him in the middle asking like that. It tears a kid's loyalties and their hearts, because especially in O's case they know the turmoil but love both of their parents.
We don't directly ask him about things about his mom. We walked past a smashed in door and I looked at Eric and said jeez. And O said, "Oh yeah that door is broken." And we asked why.

We made a decision that Eric is going out of town tomorrow for work, so we are going to allow O to spend the night with her tomorrow night. He will only be gone like 2 days, so Tuesday night I will pick O back up and he will see Eric the next day. BM was very grateful for this. When we told O our plan, his exact response was, "What?! Why can't I stay here and spend time time Jennifer?"

We talked to him about how we all love him very much and everybody just wants to spend as much time with him as possible. I told him that we have the whole rest of the week to spend together, and that it does mean I don't want to spend time with him, but since Eric will be out of town, I decided we could share that time with his mom.