View Single Post
February 11th, 2013, 10:35 AM
~Heather~
Water-Birth - Is it just me or does this seem to be rising in popularity?
I just feel like amongst the NCB community it is becoming more and more common.

Is this something you would be interested in?
Yes! I labored in water for a bit with my first baby, but the hospital didn't allow water births. I had a home water birth with my second and we are planning another with this baby.

Does your hospital/Birthing Center allow water births?
Ditto to Que - a few of the local hospitals allow it. There aren't any free-standing birthing centers, yet!

If you have had a water birth, what was your favorite and least favorite part?
It has been said that water is nature's epidural, and I wholeheartedly support that! It was sooo relaxing! I also loved how *clean* I felt after my water birth, compared to my "land" birth - which really surprised me! The only part I didn't like was after the birth, we had the water pretty deep (so it would cover my lower back while on hands and knees) and my baby had a short cord, so I was having to hold my baby with one arm, and hold myself up out of the water a little with the other arm. Next time my husband will be in the pool with me to help support me after the birth.

What kind of tub/pool did you birth in?
We bought an Aqua Born (same as Que posted), and I LOVE it! Im tall and I had plenty of room to be able to stretch out and move freely, and there was still room enough for my husband to get it. The top it comes with is super handy for keeping the water warm while not in use.