View Single Post
February 11th, 2013, 02:12 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Water birth does seem to have increased in popularity lately, yes. I attempted a water birth with my first and had to get out of the tub because I wasn't pushing effectively in there. With my second, I attempted to labor in a regular bathtub, but found that I was annoyed being too warm and wet. Neither time did it help with pain relief as I was hoping it would. I have both front and back contractions and the back contractions hurt WAY worse. The water did nothing for my back the first time and I don't think it did anything at all to help alleviate any pain the second time around.

I don't think I'm interested in even trying for a water birth this time around. I've had two successful and fantastic births with birth stools now and I like that the birth stool utilizes gravity to help get baby out. I have been practicing my squatting this pregnancy (though mostly not with heels on the ground, so only half effective practice, perhaps?) and plan to not push and allow my body to do the work like I did with Orion's birth.