Topic: Phone calls
View Single Post
February 11th, 2013, 05:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to pmdc5286 Send a message via Yahoo to pmdc5286
I know how your feeling about getting your kids a phone. We finally broke down and got a shared phone for Dani and Robert. We have Verizon and they have an option that we put on their phone that they can only call their "Safe numbers". These are numbers that we designate as ok numbers for them to call or have call them. There are about 10 numbers that we have on this list for the kids combined. We got the phone for the kids to have with them when they went to their other parent's house so they could keep in touch with us (and it has paid off). We keep it on 24 hr restriction (you can set restricted hours) so that someone at the other parent's house can't get the phone and run up our minutes since all of our phones are on one shared plan. This also always makes sure Robert has our numbers with him because he can't remember our phone numbers.

The number restriction is two fold. I have Sean's phone set to where his is on call restriction during school hours and after 10 p.m. He can always call his safe numbers but not outside numbers during school or once it starts getting late. He has fewer safe numbers because he would be texting his Aunt during school.

Thank you JMC1988 for my siggy!

TTC #3, Our first together