View Single Post
February 11th, 2013, 08:31 PM
It's not that I don't care. Just more like there is nothing I can do about it. My son is 17 mo old. He can't call me if he is frightened. And I JUST finished a huge court battle with his dad. $35, 000 in legal fees huge!!! We did the whole evaluation thing and the courts ruled. There is nothing more i can do unless proof of abuse surfaces. Thank God for my family or who knows how things would have been. I don't appreciate your insinuation. Fact is I will literally lose my sanity if I sit there and think of all the dangerous bad things I know could be happening. It sounds like the poster is in a similar situation of being out of control of where O is and what happens when he is not with her. CPS was involved and has now closed the case. What more can she do except, apparently, ask O rather than BM what happens in BM's apartment building, which didn't really help a thing. BM did not put O in danger intentionally and knowingly. When the incident happened BM called police (the safest way to handle it). I'm not saying she is mom of the year but how long will SM2B tag her with her anger and covetousness of her role? I KNOW how much it SUCKS to be a mom to those kids and want so badly to be "real mom" too (so to speak, many step parents are more parents than bio ones) but feeling that bitterness just eats you up and ends up hurting ths kids when it comes out and things are adversarial.
My ex's daughter had a mom like O's BM. And it really hurt her when we'd ask her things like what the poster asked O. She would say I love my mom, I don't want to get her in trouble. Or I can't tell youbecause then you and Mommy will be upset.