View Single Post
February 11th, 2013, 10:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJRPete View Post
Which is it? Did you directly ask or not? Regardless I don't think unless O brought it up himself voluntarily, unbidden.... unless you really felt there was imminent danger.
It sounds like you are on better terms with BM, why did you not just ask her? Sounds like she did the right thing to keep O safe all things considered.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJRPete View Post
She called the police, I don't know how much more there is to do other than that.
She is recovering, trying to do better, clearly your husband believes she is or else he would not be expanding on her unsupervised time.

I'm coming off combative. For that I am sorry. But, I'm just kind of offended by the tone of this. If my son's stepmom, fiance to his dad, whoever was like this with me I would not be cooperative either. But then again I would not have put my son in a bad place the way it seems O has been. So, I don't know.
So you're new here. And you're combative. And you know what someone whose story you aren't fully briefed on should do. But you want to remove rights from someone who is using them even though the child has more than one male role model over child support (which isn't tied into visitation and custody) and actions that you apparently don't have any proof of because you haven't called the police or CPS that you've shared with us? And are quite closed to any thoughts to the contrary to the point of just up and changing the subject.

Quote:
Originally Posted by w292737 View Post
let CPS do their job with monitoring her and the living situation.
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmdc5286 View Post
CJRPete,

I don't see how you can just not care what your child does in the presence of the other parent. The last weekend my daughter was with her dad, she called my dad CRYING for him to come get her because she was scared of her dad because he was in a drunken furor. I was out of town, so he was her safe person to call. That made what he was doing my business. There are some things specified in our divorce papers that he is not to do around our child and drinking is one of them, smoking is another due to problems with her lungs. He was doing both. That makes his actions my business because he put my daughter in jeopardy and scared her and endangered her by smoking around her, drinking, driving intoxicated, and scaring her because he was drunk and throwing things.

Those who have been here a while know that for me to feel more comfortable with Dani with my dad than with her dad know something is very wrong.
That still pisses me off. I hope Dani grows up to kick him in the junk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepmom2Be View Post
Exactly.

The same would be said if Eric and/or I were putting O in danger.

And it's not even like we are now on some mission to get him out of there. Do we like that thats where she chose to live? No. Do we like that 2 months in there is already a domestic violence police scene right across the hall? OF COURSE NOT.

Are we allowed to care that our (And I say our because it's easier and how I view him. I know he is hers to,) child is exposed to things we would prefer he not be exposed to while he is with her. Absolutely.

Unfortunately, because she cleaned her act up, we cannot control where she lives or what she does. She has the exact same amount of rights to that child as Eric does. It just worries us that that is where she chooses to have him live.

Something odd happened today. We were discussing via text when I would come pick him up. I told her Eric will be back in town Wed morning so I will pick him up tomorrow at 6:30. She said, "That works. Unless he desperately wants to stay with me, which i don't forsee happening." It's odd to me that she would put herself down so shortly after saying he belongs with her and only her. Is that her way of admitting to us that he loves his time with me and his dad? Who knows. But it was nice that she acknowledged it.
Why are you still talking to her and dealing with her after everything that's gone on? And how long are we supposed to have sympathy for you continuing to put yourself in the same situation? CPS might not have done anything before but even if the cases have been closed having multiple cases or instances reported with her history of substance abuse would help you down the road with custody if you chose to take her to court to get sole custody.

Last edited by Ember Rose; February 11th, 2013 at 10:26 PM.