Topic: Education
View Single Post
February 12th, 2013, 07:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We both have bachelors degrees and I'm 3 classes away from my masters (don't ask my how many years it might take until I actually finish that LOL).

We both have similiar jobs but not in our fields. I graduated with a history degree and received my certificate in secondary education. To say that is probably the least needed degree for education in my area is the understatement of the year. I substituted for a couple years but just didn't like it.

DH went to the University of the Arts for Illustration and does that part time during the day - he is a horror illustrator so it is a pretty targeted clientele. He has done a couple book covers for small time publishers and has been featured in some horror magazines such as cemetery dance. I'm ridiculously proud of him and wish he had more time to do his art instead of bartending to make the bills.

We are hoping once all the kids are in school he can focus more on his art and taking up more comissions again. He keeps turning projects down because he knows he doesn't have the time to devote to it. =( It breaks my heart.