View Single Post
February 15th, 2013, 07:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I personally would rather be in control of a situation than on the defensive. Be proactive and you take away people's chances and opportunity to go on the offensive.

Then again, you could quit acting like you want them to have a relationship with her family, tell them it's too little too late and just cut off communication. You and your husband are resentful of their lack of involvement up to this point and that's natural in this case. They haven't been there and it's hurt the kids and you've had to deal with that. Own it and cut off contact since they're not responding how you want them to. It's honest and I think everyone involved would appreciate the absence of passive aggressiveness from the relationship. Coming from the other side (one of the children is stuck with someone who doesn't really want him to have a relationship with anyone) it's just...it's annoying. You know how someone really feels but they're saying something different out of their mouth and it's like...can't we just be honest? You don't like me and you don't want me here.