View Single Post
February 15th, 2013, 09:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
She has been like this for 3 days or so now. She threw up a little a couple days ago in the morning and had a little diarrhea. She did eat something three days ago that didn't agree with her and i know what it was, too. It's out of her system though so why is her appetite still so affected? She refuses anything I give her in her high chair and is totally disinterested in anything off my plate. I just took her into her pedi yesterday afternoon. He gave her some medicine for her tummy and sent us home saying to call him if she gets sick again or appetite decreases more. Is there anything else I can offer her? She is still nursing fine (don't have a lot to give her, but she wants whatever I have) and loving her pedialyte I bought her. Her energy level is fine, too. Happily plays and plays, but just doesn't want food.

Something else occurred to me as well. Right around the first year, babies lose their appetites a little because growth slows down quite a bit. I'm guessing this could have something to do with her appetite as well. She nibbles, but that's about the best she'll do. A few bites at breakfast, lunch, and dinner and a couple bites of a cracker in between. I offer her old favorites and new stuff and she isn't interested in either feeding herself or being fed. There's no way those little bites can be enough though..

Anybody else noticing a decreased appetite in your LOs as they have passed their first year?

In loving memory of our angel baby, with us for 4 weeks. Baby went to be with God July 24th, 2009.