Topic: Thoughts?
View Single Post
February 15th, 2013, 09:12 AM
Enjoying her Sticky Bun
Without reading pst the first post I'm going to respond. In short, yes, blended families can be and usually are very chaotic. As far as visitation schedules...from my work and personal experience, the most common schedules are every other weekend during the school year, alternating holidays, school week vacations, one month out of the summer (sometimes the entire summer), and one day mid week (this I've only seen in cases where the parents live near each other).

In my opinion, it's best to set not only days but drop off/pick up times, especially if you deal with a parent who can be difficult. I also feel that setting an exchange location can be helpful when you have difficult parents, have a hard time getting along (public location with witnesses to avoid the he said she said drama), or live far from each other.

Umm that's all I can think of right now, plus Ethan isn't allowing me to freely type at the moment.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11