View Single Post
February 16th, 2013, 03:14 AM
Hi Everyone! So I had mirena for 4.5 years and just recently had it removed on 1/28/13. I never had periods with the mirena but I did have a heavy, super crampy period a week before having the mirena removed. I didn't realize it at the time but I had the mirena removed a day before I was supposed to ovulate, and I did have unprotected sex up to 3 days before it was removed. On 2/12/13 ( 12 days post mirena removal) I thought AF had arrived but it was much lighter and seemed more "watered down". It only lasted a day and was completely gone by the 13th. I'm concerned that maybe it wasn't my period but implantation bleeding instead?? I have taken two pregnancy tests both resulting in negative results, however if I was pregnant I think I would only be like 2 weeks at this point so that's probably to early to detect? I wasn't trying to get pregnant, I got my mirena removed because I was sick of being on BC and all the hormonal effects they entail. If I am pregnant it certainly wouldn't be a bad thing, but not knowing is driving me CRAZY. And I don't want to have to wait another two weeks to find out if I am prego or not! I can't stop thinking about it. I just wanted to see if anyone has at this happen and were you pregnant or is it just the effects of having the mirena removed after being on it for so long?! HELP =]