View Single Post
February 17th, 2013, 11:50 AM
Hello, all! I am brand new to IVF as well as fertility discussion board participation (although I have browsed discussion threads searching for hope and inspiration). I am desperately seeking to receive and offer support for other ladies going through what I am going through- as all my friends have babies and no problems getting pregnant and hence cannot understand at all how I am feeling.

My husband and I have been married for two years and TTC for the same amount of time. We got married late (I am 31 in a few days and he will be 35 next month) and neither of us have ever had children but we knew we wanted to begin trying right away. We were referred to a RE after eighteen months of unsuccessfully TTC.

Apparently I look great "on paper" and haven't been given any infertility-realted diagnosis. DH, on the other hand, has low sperm count and motility as well as abnormal morphology. We completed two cycles of IUI with Letrozole and Follistim with no luck.

So, now begins our IVF journey. My protocol is Ganirelix. I have taken two weeks of BCP and had my baseline labs and ultrasound on 2/15- which looked good. I begin dexamethasone once daily and Follistim 100 iu's twice daily on 2/19 and continue until 2/22 (happy b-day to me) when I will have my estrogen drawn again as well as another ultrasound.

That's where I'm at in my journey... I posted under the March/April thread because our cycle will carry over to March. Any advice on how to deal with the excruciating wait between appointments would be greatly appreciated. I seem to be the one who is awake late into the night googling statistics and searching for information online while DH sleeps peacefully next to me... I don't think husbands carry near the stress, anxiety, and emotional strain during fertility treatment as we ladies do.

Anyhow, I'm looking forward to visiting with you all and hearing about the IVF experiences of others!