View Single Post
February 17th, 2013, 02:57 PM
~Heather~
I had my 17 week appointment this past Friday. Everything looks good. My uterus was measuring small last time (I have a tilted uterus, so that was no surprise) but this time I was measuring ahead at 19 weeks! Baby's heart rate has slowed a bit from the 160's it was at to 140's. I guess that's normal? My blood pressure was low again and my urine test was clear, so everything looks good.

The only discouraging part was my weight gain. I have gained 20 lbs already! and I'm only 17.5 weeks! Now my midwife was not at all concerned by this; I'm not a big girl to start with, and I *know* I'm eating healthy whole foods. I don't believe in limiting calorie intake for pregnant women. I think when we eat healthy our bodies gain what they need to... but really? 20 lbs seems excessive to me... I know I'm just being vane, but the thought of how huge I'm going to be in the end... I'll be honest, I cried that afternoon.

(I gained 35lbs with my first baby born at 37 weeks, and 40lbs with my second born at 41 weeks. and I felt huge with my second!)

I always gain in the first trimester. Unfortunately, because of my miscarriage and this pregnancy being a surprise I had two first trimesters right on top of each-other, so that's not helping anything. I know I need to stop thinking about it, but I'm really bummed...

Okay. That's my whine for the day