View Single Post
February 20th, 2013, 10:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't really tell too many people IRL. I am actually working with a psychologist now to help me open up and deal with the emotional side of TTCMA because we are now at the point where we need to decide if we're going to use an egg donor or adopt. So many emotions go into the TTCMA process & I don't want everyone in the world to have an opinion.

One time I talked to my mother about IVF, and in her devout Catholic way was more concerned with the embryos who will be left over (I never had any to freeze, so it really wasn't even a pertinent discussion). I shut down talking to her. I don't need judgment or Catholic perspectives. She's asked me a few times after that, but I give blunt, one word answers.

Using an egg donor, I will put the power of who to tell in the child's hands. I will tell them that another lady helped me get them, but I won't make a big family announcement. If the child chooses to ask someone about it or talk to someone, then that's his/her decision. It's their life, so I want to be sure they are comfortable with all the information before I decide who I think they should be comfortable knowing it.
7/12/13 - 16 dpo beta=825
7/19/13 - 23 dpo beta=18,870
7/26/13 - 30 dpo beta=72,091