View Single Post
February 20th, 2013, 04:47 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
I was shy about discussing it at first, but now I tell everyone. Almost without realizing it, I look for ways to add it into a conversation because I don't want anyone to think these kids just fell into my lap...I want people to know that they were desperately wanted. It is easier now with the twins...people always ask if twins run in our families, and that is my opportunity to say that we needed the help of IVF to have all of our children.

I have also received SO much positive feedback and so many "thank-yous" for discussing it. The more I talk about it, the more I realize that so many people struggle with infertility. When I mention it in group settings (DH's Christmas party at work, for example) I almost always have someone come up to me later and admit that they have struggled and want to ask me questions or just talk. I feel like it is my obligation to share, both to be someone that people can talk to, and just to be an example that these stories have a happy endings. DH talks about it too, and has a lot of men ask him questions.

Ultimately, it is up to you and DH and what you feel comfortable with. I would never have talked about it unless DH agreed that we would be open. Being open isn't for everyone, and we have had negative comments about it. They bothered me at first, but now I just let them roll off my back. I'm proud of what we have been thru

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)