View Single Post
February 21st, 2013, 08:44 AM
Super Mommy
Hi everyone. My name is Stephanie. Im 25 and pregnant for the first time.(approx. 7 weeks) I saw the doctor yesterday for my first appointment. It didnt go too great. She did an ultrasound and Im diagnosed with a bicornuate uterus. Its basically where the uterus is divided into two halves instead of being complete. she told me that there is a very high risk of miscarriage and also preterm labor, because there is only half the amount of room in there for the baby. but that isn't all the bad news I got. The baby is implanted in a weird place. It's very high up and in the corner and the doctor couldn't tell if it's ectopic or not. It might be in the tube, it might be just outside the tube, or she said it could even be half in and half out. I had blood drawn yesterday and I have to go do more tomorrow. Then I will go and see the doctor again next Wednesday and hopefully she will be able to tell me if the pregnancy is even viable since they couldnt find the heartbeat. It was a whole lot of bad news at once and Im a wreck. DH and I have been trying to conceive for over year and this is what happens. Does anyone here have any experience with a bicornuate uterus? I could really use some happy stories and encouragement. I feel like just giving up.

We were going to have a baby, but we had an angel instead
Feb. 2013 at 8wks