View Single Post
February 21st, 2013, 11:03 AM
Super Mommy
It happened to me with DD1 about 4 months after she was born. I could not do anything about it and I got my period soon after. I was, just like now, an exclusive pumper. A month later I decided to stop pumping since I was so discouraged by the change. I only pump every 8 hours at this point and am getting 5oz from one and 3-4 oz from the other breast. I will continue until 5 months, just so I can say I treated the kids equally and breastfed them for the same amount of time

There is lots of advice on kellymom.com on how to increase your supply, so please check it out, but I just wanted to let you know that you are not the only one experiencing this problem. I chose the easy way out, but I wish you most of luck and even if you can't get more milk out, still, just do your best and don't worry about it too much! Your best is enough and every day that you breasfeed counts!

just to add - I have always supplemented with formula to compensate for timing differences (as an exclusive pumper) and later for the fact that I could not longer pump as often (work) while she was eating more and more