View Single Post
February 21st, 2013, 11:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
TVH, I'm lurking from the December playroom. A lot of women notice a drastic dip in their supply around the time of their period. There may not be anything that you can do about it, but trying doesn't hurt. Adding oatmeal to your diet really does seem to have a positive effect for a lot of women. It definitely helps me! When I don't feel like having straight up oatmeal, I make a batch of lactation cookies. (I posted the recipe already in our December Breastfeeding forum, if you're interested.)

The other thing to consider is whether maybe you are pumping exactly what you need right now. I think a lot of us overproduce in the beginning, and it might take our system a little while to catch on to only producing what we actually need. Are you actually running short on milk, or are you just worried because you're not pumping as much as you were? If the latter - then don't worry. (I know...easy for me to say, right?) Most importantly, our supply does just wax and wane sometimes. It sounds like you're really committed to BF'ing, and I'm sure you'll pull through.