View Single Post
February 21st, 2013, 05:55 PM
Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
Hey, ya'll! My last update must have been several months ago at the beginning of the school year. Lots has gone on since then! I'm back home full time and DH is now off driving truck, so I am back in charge of the children's schooling. I have to commend DH, he did a great job while he was the main teacher. It feels good to be the teacher again, though.

We are still unschooling most subjects. For math we're using Saxon for the older kids, MCP workbooks for the youngest two. The older four are using two levels of LLATL. I am officially in love with this program, I regret never giving it a chance before. I always read the description and how much is covered, and thought it would be "too much". But it is SO MUCH EASIER than any combination of English materials I've ever put together previously. I think the kids are liking it, too! Thomas is still a beginning reader so he is finishing up "50 Lessons" and then will be doing LLATL red. Mary is using Starfall on the computer to learn the alphabet. The oldest four are also doing Exploring God's Creation with General Science. Joseph (5th grade) is a little young for the program, but he didn't want to miss out on the experiments. He's following it quite well, actually. We give him some extra help, like taking the tests open book.

So, that's what we've been up to. It's only been a week since my last day at the job. The plan is to do school five or six days a week while DH is on the road, and take breaks when he is home, year round. This is a schedule that worked well for us before, when he was also traveling for work. That's the plan at least until June when Baby is due!

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!