Topic: Tithing
View Single Post
February 21st, 2013, 08:16 PM
Super Mommy to be
Figured I'd post a thread for discussion. What are your views based on what you've read and your interpretation on tithing. Do you tithe? Do you feel that you can help others in need with tithes, or do you feel that tithes should be given to the church and you dig deeper in your pocket outside of tithes to assist others less fortunate?

We tithe and gladly do so as we feel it is a form of worship to give back to the Lord, a step of faith knowing we can't out give God and also an act of obedience. God has been so faithful to me even though I don't deserve such mercy that I'm happy to give back to Him a portion of which He has blessed me with! However, if I know someone had a need I've used my tithes to help before. And of course at times assisted without using my tithes.

Lately because of a few things said by others or by deeply thinking about these things I began to wonder if any help to the less fortunate should be outside of my tithes.

What are your thoughts and better yet if you have scripture where your thoughts are based from.

***ADDED COMMENT***

SO I think I realize that my answer is since I have been convicted about this that all tithe belong to the church and helping those in need would be considered a love gift or offering.... I have prayed about it and my husband kind of said what was on my mind the other day in wondering about it....and I hadn't voiced it lately.... so I felt that may have been a confirmation that since we were both questioning this that God was speaking to us about it....

No thoughts from anyone??
Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
Romans 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.
'Blessings' by Laura Story (What if trials of this life, are your mercies in disguise)
Glorious Ruins

Last edited by left_field; February 22nd, 2013 at 07:10 AM. Reason: added comment