View Single Post
February 22nd, 2013, 12:17 PM
Veteran
I just have to say how happy I am with my new doctor. Her name is Dr Gillian Graves and she is a Reproductive Endocrinologist at the IWK in Halifax (which is a 4 hour drive from my current residence) Before going I read a ton of reviews and she sounded amazing.

Well she was even better once I met her in person. She explained PCOS in terms even my husband understood lol After we were done talking she sent me for blood work because I was on CD2 and she wanted to see where we stood. This would be the first blood work I have had done for PCOS since right before I was diagnosed and even then I have no idea what the results were because the doctors around here won't give you numbers just whether they are good or bad.

So I was VERY shocked when I got a call today to tell me the results of my blood work.

FSH - 4.34 (Normal 3 mIU/ml - 10 mIU/ml.)

TSH - 2.79 (Normal 0.3 to 3) They said they would like it closer to 2.5 while trying to get pregnant and as I lose weight this should level out

Prolactin - 9.8 (Normal 2 - 29 ng/mL)

I am happy with the results and now have to wait for my next blood work results to tell me if I'm ovulating. Since I am not positive if I am or not due to how irregular my cycles are they told me to go when my boobs hurt again. I'm just waiting for that day now

Happily but Cautiously Awaiting our First!