View Single Post
February 22nd, 2013, 06:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have some questions about a natural hospital birth.

Background
Last pregnancy i went to a birthing center and pushed for 2 hours on the books (3 hours in actuallity), then an hour in rush hour traffic, a hour in a wheel chair at the hospital and another 3 hours waiting for the midwives backup dr to arrive. He refused to put the forcepts in me without an epi and so they gave me the epi and pulled Sawyer out. I was actually ok most of the time due to Hypnobabies.

This time my husband is asking me to go use a midwife at a hospital. I am working in being ok with that.

BUT i am really afraid of them taking away all my choices and independance at a hospital. Will I have to be hooked up to an IV? Will I have choices about birthing positions? Will the hospital nurses be in and out checking me or will it just be the midwife? Will i be allowed to eat or drink water? Is a midwife assisted birth at a hospital much different from a birth assisted by an OB? Can I keep the baby with me after the birth? How do I find a midwife that has hospital privileges? Do they have a list at the hospital?

Sorry this was so long.