View Single Post
February 23rd, 2013, 08:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
These are my favorite two recipies right now.. I love my crock pot meals!!

Shredded buffalo chicken sandwiches: cook time about 5-6 hours

1bag of boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 bottle of Franks Buffalo wings sauce
1 packet of ranch seasoning

bread rolls
ranch dressing
celery (optional)

I stick the bag of chicken in my slow cooker (usually about 6 breasts), dump the bottle of franks buffalo wings sauce (be careful not to get the "hot" wing sauce unless you like it SUPER spicy) and then sprinkle the packet of ranch seasoning on top. I let it cook for about 4.5 hours on low then take it out to shred up, put back in the sauce, and cook for an additional hour (or more if you arent ready to serve yet). I put it on soft round bread rolls from the bakery with ranch dressing on top.. served with celery on the side. It can be used for leftovers, frozen, or put in other things like wraps or whatever you want.. It is a relatively healthy meal.

Chicken Adobo: cook time: 5 hours

1 bag skinless, boneless chicken breast (or thighs/whatever type you like- traditionally it is thighs but I prefer breast)
2 onions cut into quarters and sliced very thin
2tsp minced garlic
1-2tsp ginger powder (or a 5 inch piece of fresh ginger cut into 1 inch pieces to be removed at the end)
3/4 cup of soy sauce
1/2 cup of rice vinegar (I use white vinegar usually and it comes out good)
1tbsp of sugar
1/2tsp black pepper

serve on top of rice

I first slice up the onions really thin and put them in the slow cooker on low, then I put the minced garlic and ginger on top and mix it in well. In a separate bowl I mix up the sugar, pepper, soysauce, and vinegar with a whisk. I spread the chicken out in as even of a layer that I can on top of the onions then pour the soysauce/vinegar mixture on top of that.. Cover and let cook for about 4 hours. Then just take two forks and separate the chicken some into large bite sized pieces. Cook for another hour (or more if you want- can't really burn it in the slow cooker)

about 20 minutes before I am ready to eat, I start the rice in a rice cooker. I like it on Jasmine Rice. It can also be used as leftovers (I bring it to work for lunches).. If you do store it as leftovers, it is best to store the rice and chicken separate so all the sauce doesn't absorb into the rice.

thank you so much to bokkechick for my siggy!