Topic: Tithing
View Single Post
February 26th, 2013, 07:30 PM
Super Mommy to be
Yes and thanks for your comment. And we should do it as a form of worship and thankfulness not only because we expect more blessings if we do....we know God will bless us but this shouldn't be our main reason... I'll share a little story...

We were having a medical issue and I had just gotten paid a nice sum and of course we tithe and so this tithe would have been more than our normal tithe amount...I was worrying a bit about finances and medical as we had to travel to have the procedure done...............anyway we did what we should have and tithed even though after tithing and paying bills and now had this medical debt to face we weren't sure what all we'd be facing etc...but we prayed and said God's brought us through things before and He'll do it again........let me just say that God saw our heart and our faith and our plane tickets were taken care of, our place to stay, our car rental, a lot of meals, and someone who was only an acquaintance but knew us through a friend heard about our situation and gave us a significant amount of cash to assist and when we realized and added these thing up, we were given back more than 3 times the amount of the tithes!!

Can you say Praise the Lord! That's only one story and we are more blessed than we realize because we don't always see and understand all of our blessings...we take so much for granted....

I think I said it in my above post that I realized that anything I do to help others should be outside of my tithes...... We should be happy to give back to God a portion of what He has blessed us with!

Thanks again for replying.... I was just thinking I wonder if anyone has responded and thought I bet when Ginger sees it she'll comment and sure enough here you were!
Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
Romans 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.
'Blessings' by Laura Story (What if trials of this life, are your mercies in disguise)
Glorious Ruins