View Single Post
February 26th, 2013, 10:28 PM
Regular
Hi moms! How is everyone? I'm new here and my name is Emilie and I am a FTM. I am the proud mommy of my DD Olivia who will be 6 months old on Sunday. I know sleep issues get asked a lot but I haven't seen Olivia's issue in any boards so I thought I would ask in a new thread. Olivia will wake up once a night to feed which I have no problem with at all. She is a great sleeper once she falls asleep but my issue is actually getting her to fall asleep. She will go down easy in her crib with no tears at nap times during the day but when it's bed time at night she will fight like her daddy to avoid bedtime. (Daddy might actually cry more than she does lol) I watch for her cues and lay her down with ease at nap times. She will go down for a nap within the same hour window daily. She shows me the same cues at bed time usually about 8 and i try to have her routine done by 8. bedtime routine is over and she is still up after laying her down numerous times until 11pm. I have tried the Ferber method for bedtime but I am really really not comfortable with it. I am hoping to lay her down without crying to sleep. she skipped her afternoon nap today and I tried to get her in bed since 7:30 as she was yawning and rubbing her sweet eyes constantly. routine was followed and here we are a quarter after 11 and she just fell asleep. I let her cry to sleep which is so heartwrenching for me but I didn't know what else to do.

I'm not saying any mom is a bad mom for doing the CIO approach, but I can't do it. I really don't want her to cry to sleep but I know she needs her sleep as she will get up about 8am on her own no matter what time she goes to sleep. How can I get her to fall asleep comfortably without any crying? I should mention too that DH works 3pm to 2am 6 days a week so I am doing all this alone. Am I doing the right thing by not wanting to go the CIO approach? Anyone else have this issue?