View Single Post
February 27th, 2013, 11:02 AM
TTC the newfashioned way
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~~MeeMee~~ View Post
!

Stillwaiting Ė good luck when you have your bloodwork done. Iím just curious, why are you so focused on your FSH? I mean I know that FSH can give you an indication on ovarian reserve, so of course thatís always good to know, but will your clinic cancel your cycle if itís too high or change your protocol or something along those lines? I know youíve probably mentioned in the past, but sorry I canít rememberÖhow many follicles did you have with your first IVF?
(if Iím sounding derogatory or anything like that, Iím very sorry, because Iím not meaning to, itís so hard to get the context of your words across on these boards sometimes, and Iím honest curious)

OhÖ.and I love how we have both the POAS Pusher President and the POAS Intervention Mafia Queen cycling together!
Ugh, typed up a whole thing and it got eaten!

You are RIGHT! I have no reason to think my FSH is high...no tests have said that, but I'm almost 37 and my 32yo friend has VERY low AMH and is freaking me the heck out about it LOL! The other main reason is that we want to do the shared risk program again at our clinic (3 fresh cycles, 3 frozen txfers for a set price, and if you don't deliver a baby, you get 80% of the cost back minus meds) I felt SO much more relaxed knowing we had numerous tries, I really want to do that program again. It does costs a little more, but it gave me the peace of mind I needed through everything. The main thing is that your FSH has to be below 10 in order to qualify for the program...so that is mostly why I am fixated on FSH.

I only had 4 eggs retrieved last time, 3 fertilized (with ICSI) and 2 transferred on day 3....my last little one didn't make it to freeze. So, I didn't respond very well (but yay, still worked) and now I'm 3 years older, so thinking it might take a try or two, ya know?

Thanks for asking, and I didn't take it the wrong way at all I don't think I mentioned the shared risk reasoning before....

HAHA RE Gretchen and me we're trouble
TTC#1 since 10/2006, 5 failed IUI's, 1st IVF successful BFP!! Baby Girl 2/2011
TTC#2 BFP 9/2011, Natural Pregnancy! 3/30/12 M/C'd on 5/15/12 (9 weeks)
IVF#2 BFP 4/2013 M/C 6/2/13 (8 weeks)
FET #1 BFP 8/2013 - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #3 - Retrieval Oct 31st, Txferred 2 on 5d - a Blast and Morula - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #4 - ER scheduled for 4/4/14 retrieved 4 eggs. Txferred 3 embryos 4/7/14!....BFN...NOW WHAT?
Check out my NEWBORN Hats and Baby Items
@ http://www.facebook.com/ThePaisleyPerle