View Single Post
February 27th, 2013, 01:04 PM
Veteran
Gretchen, don't worry about the PIO shots. I am doing them now and they aren't that bad. Just put ice on your butt for a few minutes before doing the shot (hopefully DH is doing them for you). Lay on the opposite side you are doing, and be sure to switch sides each night, as well as the location. Trust me, I've been doing them since Feb 16 and still have a week to go! After DH finishes the shot, be sure to use gauze (it will bleed just a tad bit) and do a warm massage. I was instructed to use an 18 gauge 1 1/2 inch needle to withdraw the medicine, and use a 22 gauge 1 1/2 inch needle to inject. The 22 gauge is much thinner.... Just don't focus on it too much. Remember to breathe! For both of you to breathe! And tell DH don't pinch the skin, pull it taut (spread it apart). I never feel the needle going in, but it hurts just a bit when the medicine is going in. Nothing that you won't be able to handle, and it's not uncomfortable at all.

Good luck to everyone new and everyone that is starting their stimming cycle! Also good luck to everyone that has an upcoming ER! Such an exciting time for all of you!

AFM - just waiting for my Beta next Wednesday! 7 more days and I haven't tested yet!

Me- 32
DH - 35
TTC for over 6 years.

Jan 2013 - IVF #1
May 2013 - FET #1

6/7/13 - First ultrasound - Twins!
12/20/13 - Kayden and Caleb were born at 34 weeks!