View Single Post
February 27th, 2013, 05:53 PM
Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
We don't follow any kind of anything... We do buy whole wheat bread. I'm sure our overall health would improve if we did pay more attention to a lot of these things, but often it's not in our budget or I don't know what I should be looking for. If I'm looking for produce and the organic option is cheaper or comparable I'll go with that instead. I do like to get out to the farmer's market in the summer if I can, but we usually just end up with corn and berries, maybe rhubarb (unless mine grows this year, that stuff's expensive!). We aren't big veggie eaters here as it is, unfortunately.

We did stop buying a lot of pop last year. We do on occasion, but not like we used to. 10% of our grocery budget would be on 12-packs that were gone in 3-4 days. We also don't do a lot of snacks. DH and I realize that will-power is one of our biggest downfalls. He can sit and eat an entire bag of chips without noticing what he's doing. I'm the same with boxes of crackers. So we just don't keep that kid of thing in the house.

As for the girls I try to moderate what they eat, but I don't really restrict it. They've tried pop and promptly spit it out saying it was "spicy". Kaija has gotten into a habit of snacking all afternoon and not eating dinner. I'm not sure how it happened, but I'm putting my foot down on that.