View Single Post
February 28th, 2013, 08:40 AM
I am 7 weeks pregnant and just found out a week ago. Before getting pregnant I was put through the surgical ringer when my kidney fell into my abdomen and had to have this crazy surgery to tack it back into place which went terribly wrong and resulted in an abdominal hernia because the sutures were tied to tightly around my iliolingual nerve. Following that I had to have the perm sutures removed from that surgery to stop the pain. The kidney pain never stopped and I was referred up to George Washington University Hospital in DC so have the surgery reversed and my kidney tacked to the back of my liver. While in there they found stage 3 endometriosis which they removed during the same surgery. Needless to say I have had 10 surgeries in the last 5 years and with all the scar tissue and nerve damage my doctors have had me on valium for severe muscle spasms and anxiety. I take 5 mg 2 to 3 times a day. Since finding out I was pregnant and reading stuff online I stopped taking it but I am in so much pain I cannot get off the couch. Im not really sure what to do. What are the risks of cleft palate's this early on in the pregnancy? Im still in the 1st trimester. Do I just stick it out or is it safe to take at a low dose as needed. I dont need them every day. Maybe 1 or 2 every week or so. Thanks. Any input would be great

Melody