View Single Post
February 28th, 2013, 02:04 PM
Loving my babies. :)
I would switch. No sense trying something at a higher dose that's giving you cysts at 50mg. That just to me seems like it would cause more problems and doesn't make sense, ya know?

My RE said if you ovulate at the lower dose, then the med is working and you don't need to increase it. If you got pregnant (and lost it) well then you obviously ovulated on it.

I prefer the Femara over Clomid...less severe side effects. And, strangely..it ended up being cheaper for me. 50mg Clomid was $15, where as 5mg of Femara came out to be just $7 because my insurance covered it (they did not cover Clomid). The only reason it was covered by insurance is because Femara is mostly used as a part of cancer treatment...so that's one fertility drug we can sneak past them!!

I would also personally skip IUI. From the research I've done, it doesn't really up your chances much at all if there are no male issues. It's still somewhere around a 25% chance each month. If your partner has good swimmers, your chances are just as good.