View Single Post
March 2nd, 2013, 05:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I loved my water birth. I don't know about popularity or the type of tub my birth center used, except that it was wonderful!

The hospitals here have tubs, you can labor in them and that is it. You can't give birth in the tub and you can't go in it if your water has broken.

My favorite part was relief from back labor and it was very soothing. Baby was clean, no goo or blood on her. I loved scooping her up and holding her in the water. To this day, she loves the water and think being born in it played a role in that. The only thing I didn't like was the tub took FOREVER to fill up. I should have called ahead of time and asked her to start filling it up. It takes on average 45 mins to fill up, so I had to sit instead of squat or anything. Not ideal, but I wasn't giving birth on land!

I thought I would feel "dirty" with all the afterbirth gunk floating around, etc. I didn't. I was eager to take a shower, but not because I felt dirty. I mostly wanted to take a shower, just because my hair felt dirty since I didn't get to take one BEFORE labor. LOL.

My daughter still talks about the bloody water though. Whatever...LOL!