Topic: Cloth Diapers
View Single Post
March 2nd, 2013, 04:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We only have 1 AIO an it rarely gets used because it takes forever to dry and I just like the others better. I'm not a fan of happy heinys since my kids leaked out of them no matter what. At first I thought for sure I wouldn't like prefolds and that they seemed complicated but really those are my go to diapers! I pick those over pockets. I use thirsties duo snap wraps with them and it's so easy. I also like econobums. They are cheaper and work great! Although I tend to use the thirsties with their prefolds before I use their covers since thirsties have the leg gussets and econobums don't.

If I were you I'd buy a couple of a few brand of pocket diapers, a couple diaper covers and some prefolds. And then when baby arrives decide what works best for baby and you and add from there. But I agree that you may want to look at a site like diaperswappers.com I've bought from people on there and the diapers still work great!

I also wouldn't buy a ton of laundry detergent just for cloth diapers (unless you're already using a cloth diaper friendly one) I'd buy a small anount to test first because I bought rockin' green and DS1 had a bad reaction to it so I had to give it away.

Colleen proud mommy to DS (8/2009), DS (6/2011), and DD (7/2013)