View Single Post
March 2nd, 2013, 07:01 PM
Formerly Number5OnTheWay
I think you must be crazy!!! I dread labor, and it has nothing to do with the actual pushing part. Actually, someone at work was telling me she pushed for over 2 hours with her daughter, and I about fell over. The longest I have ever had to push was with my 4th, and that was maybe about 1/2 hour, although I can't say for certain - I don't remember any of her actual delivery (or the last several hours of labor), other than when the nurse got in my face and told me it was time to re-focus. My other girls were all only a few pushes each. However, my labors tend to get longer each time so that is part of what makes it not so great for me. Additionally, I've had both good and bad natural AND epidural births so I'm not sure what to expect anymore. I know my family would disagree, but I don't consider myself to be that much of a control freak, but I think knowing that so much is out of my hands about the labor process gets me on edge.

New picture in progress......