View Single Post
March 3rd, 2013, 04:33 AM
Really unsure what to do and trying to be realistic...
Have just found out I'm 8 weeks pregnant and not sure what to do. I'd like to make a decision sooner rather than later and don't want to be completely selfish about it all.
I've been seeing this guy for a while now and he is supportive that its my choice to have the baby or not. We are not open about our relationship with family or many friends as he is my ex's best friend - his ex best friend I would say. We wanted to see where and what was happening before too many people knew we are together.
But now I have fallen pregnant whilst we were using contraception and I am two minds about what to do. If I have an abortion life goes back to normal... but does it really? I wouldn't be honest with myself if I said that I didn't care and could make such a life changing decision either way fleetingly. I care enough to try to eat the right foods and don't drink now. But not going ahead still runs through my mind.
I have friends who have been married for years who can't fall pregnant, friends who are in therapy from miscarriages. And I feel like I am lucky I have the choice but feel selfish to make the choice... Either way really.
Realistically I'm 30 and financially able to do this. I am totally scared to tell my family who will not support me at first if at all (they took a long time to come round when my ex husband and I split). And scared to tell my friends who have been trying for years with no luck.
Lots of questions. Lots of things running through my head