View Single Post
March 3rd, 2013, 01:57 PM
Thank you everyone for the very warm welcome, it means so much to me!

My next step is to learn all of these acryonyms! I can guess a few, but I'll have to google a "cheat sheet". ;-)

Just something on my mind lately - are any of you keeping your IVF journey a secret from your family? My family can be a bit nosey, and while it has NOTHING to do with shame or guilt, I just feel that this process would be less stressful for my husband and I if our families didn't know about it. Part of it has to do with the fact my husband and I have two very overbearing mothers (who we love dearly nonetheless!), but also in case things don't work out the first (or second or third) try I'd rather not have everyone asking "are you? or aren't you?".

I have told two of my very close friends, but I feel the weight of this secret starting to get heavier and heavier. I still don't plan on telling our families until we get that positive test (and even a few weeks after), but I was just curious if others were going through the same thing?

J&K - Thank you for the inspirational quote!
Stillwaiting - Wishing you another successful journey your second time around! ;-)
Meemee - I love hearing of the knowledge AND support! Thank you so much!