View Single Post
March 4th, 2013, 04:11 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Thank you all so much for your replies! It seems like every single person wouldn't hold off lol

When we started trying to get pregnant the first time due date was never a thought. I guess I let stupid people get in my head about having a baby in December. It has been ever since I was pregnant and even strangers would ask when I was due and then they would get a sad look on their face and say something like " all thats too bad you are having a December baby and they will have to deal with all the Christmas stuff" or " your baby will get jipped from presents since its Christmas time" etc etc...

I never viewed it as anything bad. Riley is 5 now and every year we have had a party with birthday decorations (usually some sort of princess ) and it seems to work out. My worry was really not for me but for the kids, like THEY wouldn't like both having a December birthday around the holidays. When Riley was younger I had talked to adults who didn't like their birthdays being in December.

I don't want to take a cycle off and my DH was on board with me so I will just have to make it a point to make each child feel special.

16 weeks
4 weeks
8 weeks