Topic: Pre-E
View Single Post
March 4th, 2013, 06:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I haven't "officially" been diagnosed with Pre-E and I'm hopeful that it won't happen. I have had several check ups in which my bp was elevated, the highest being 148/98. Some symptoms that I have had are blurred vision, seeing floaters in my eyes, my hands swell at random times (but nothing too severe). I had no idea that my BP was up though. I felt fine when I went into my last appointment, but ended up with several nurses checking my blood pressure and the Dr. having me do the 24 hour urine catch. I haven't heard anything from that 24hr or the blood work, so I'm thinking no news is good news. I've been told to take it easy though, no housework and sleeping on my left side.

I have been praying that "IF" it does end up being Pre-E that I will not have any troublesome episodes until after my shower on saturday. This shower is 3 hours away, but I'm not too worried because my OBGYN of 10 years (who delivered my first 3) and the hospital I delivered them at is in this town. So that puts me at ease.

My brother is an EMT and has been temporarily staying with us, he has been watching my pressures at home. Lastnight, my bp was great, 126/76, that's the lowest it has been in a while.

Mommy to 4 boys