View Single Post
March 4th, 2013, 06:41 PM
Veteran
Thanks Kim! And good luck to you on Wed!

Gretchen- I hope your cycle isn't delayed and everything works out for your DH!

I just wanted to respond about telling family of our IVF journey. We've told my family, just my mom and dad, as well as a cousin who went through a number of IUIs at the same clinic. We told my parents b/c I'm really close to my mom and she's very supportive. They knew we had been trying for years, and they knew about the two recent surgeries and what they were for. I'm very blessed and grateful to have such caring and supportive parents (plus I think they are VERY excited to become grandparents). My parents loaned us a few hundred to cover the cost of meds so that we weren't so tight on money for the month... Very lucky :-) I don't get to see my parents very often since they live about 8 hours away, but I talk to my mom everyday. We also told a few close friends, that again, are very supportive of our decision and will support us whether this is successful or not. I felt it would be better to let my parents know and our close friends know ahead of time so that we have a good support system in case it doesn't work. Sorry for the long story... :-)

Me- 32
DH - 35
TTC for over 6 years.

Jan 2013 - IVF #1
May 2013 - FET #1

6/7/13 - First ultrasound - Twins!
12/20/13 - Kayden and Caleb were born at 34 weeks!