View Single Post
March 4th, 2013, 05:47 PM
DOh!
I say good for him. I'm not going to even touch the salary thing, it's a sore spot with me and some may find it insulting.

If more people felt the way he did and actually did something about it, some of these absolutely horrid schools we have, would be better. The school district I happen to live in, is beyond hope. Even if every teacher in the district did as this man has done, it would make absolutely no impact on the powers that be here. It's truly a shame. I have never once witnessed a school district go down in flames as quickly as this one has. I can't help but feel beyond sorry for the students. I feel sorry for some of the teachers too, but certainly not all of them. Many of them are no better than the powers that be, the higher ups, the ones who could truly make a difference if they stopped looking at their paychecks and remember what their job actually is.

Sigh...the education system in this country is such a tremendous let down these days. The few, and I use that term very loosely, districts that are doing very well do not in any way, shape, or form, negate the remainder which makes up the majority. Those districts are all going to hell in a hand basket. Some will just get there quicker than others. They are all pulling down the entire system, little by little.