Topic: Recipes
View Single Post
March 4th, 2013, 09:42 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hey Ladies,

I had mentioned some recipes to Gamer_Princess and thought I would post them up here for everyone that is interested. And if you have any favorite recipes you want to add please feel free to add them. I am always looking out for new recipes to try out

Angel Hair Stuffed Bell Peppers
1lb ground beef 11/2 tbsp worcestershire sauce 8 bell peppers assorted colors
8 oz angel hair pasta, broken in half and cooked
25.5 oz marinara sauce (I used tomato sauce) 1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper 1/2 tsp onion powder 1 1/2 tsp italian seasoning
1 1/2 c mozzarella cheese, grated salt & black pepper to taste

1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.2) Remove the tops and seeds from the bell peppers. Chop the tops of the peppers into bite sized pieces (I finely chopped them so I could sneak veggies in on DS). Arrange peppers in a casserole dish with the bell pepper standing up.3) In a medium skillet,cook the beef with the chopped bell pepper tops until cooked through. Season with salt and black pepper. Set aside. 4) In a bowl, combine browned beef and chopped peppers, cooked pasta, worcestershire sauce, 2 cups of marinara sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, and crushed red pepper flakes.5) Spoon equal amounts of the mixture into each pepper Mix the remaining marinara sauce with italian seasoning in a bowl and spoon over the peppers.6) Top with mozzarella cheese and bake for 30-40 min. Refrigerate any leftovers.

I only used 4 bell peppers and ended up with pasta mixture leftover and it tasted fine on its own. So delicious!!!

This is my go to sauce for spaghetti, lasgna, and or baked ziti
1 to 1 1/2 lbs of ground beef 1 medium sweet onion finely chopped
2-29oz cans of tomato sauce 1 tsp basil 1 tsp italian seasoning
2-3 tsps of oregano leaves (I usually add a little more after it has had some time to cook) 1/4-1/2 tsp minced garlic salt&black pepper to taste

Brown the ground beef and onion. Drain and then add the remaining ingredients listed above. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 30-60min.

Not only do I usually add a touch more of oregano, basil, minced garlic, and italian seasoning.

Chicken Loraine
2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts or 6-8 boneless skinless chicken tenders
1 tbsp white vinegar 2-16 oz cans of chicken broth
1 sm white or yellow onion finely chopped
minced garlic (don't use more than 2 cloves)
3-4 chicken gravy mixes black pepper to taste

Spray large deep cooking pot/pan with non-stick spray and turn it on medium on the stove top. Add the chicken and onion to the pan. You want the chicken to be white on both sides before you add the broth. Once chicken is white on both sides, add the chicken broth, black pepper, minced garlic, white vinegar. (You made need a little more chicken broth as you want the chicken to be totally covered) You want to bring this mixture to a boil and once brought to a boil then turn down to medium low. I usually let this mixture cook on the stove top for a good 30-45min. The chicken is usually very tender and begins to fall apart. Then I slowly one gravy mix at a time to make sure it is all incorporated before adding another mix. I use a whisk to help make sure I don't end up with lumps in the gravy.

I serve this with those steamfresh bags that already has the rice and veggies mixed in (veggies like peas, carrots, and corn). It is so good and one of our son's favorite meals. I also serve it with croissants.

Mongolian Beef/Mongolian Chicken
Marinade: 1 lb of flank steak or sirloin steak cut into thin strips (or 1 lb of chicken cut into chunks) In a sealable plastic bag knead together the meat and the following ingredients: 3 tbsp soy sauce 2 tbsp corn starch 1 1/2 tbsp vegetable/peanut oil 2 tsp sugar 1/2 tsp salt 2 dashes of white pepper (you can use black pepper instead). Then let this sit in the fridge for at least an hour, the longer you let it marinade the better it tastes.

Sauce: 2 tsp of vegetable oil 1/2 tsp minced ginger 1 tbsp chopped or minced garlic 1/2 c soy sauce 1/2 c water 3/4 c dark brown sugar (I only use 1/2 c though otherwise it is too sweet)

Make sauce by heating vegetable oil in a medium sauce pan over med/low heat. Don't get the oil too hot or you'll get a major splatter when adding liquids. Add ginger and garlic to the pan and quickly add the liquids (soy sauce and water), then raise the heat to medium. Add the brown sugar to the liquid and boil the sauce for 2-3 min or until the sauce thickens. Remove from the heat.

Preparing to cook the beef or chicken: I spray my pan with non-stick spray and take the meat out of the bag and cook the meat on medium heat until it is done (should only take a few minutes or so). If the meat starts to stick then I slowly add some of sauce above but not all of it at once. Once the meat is done, I add some thinly sliced onions, match stick carrots, pea pods, broccoli etc. and make sure those are cooked to my liking. I then add the rest of the sauce and half of a mongolian beef mix packet when adding this to the mixture make sure you use a small strainer otherwise it will be super spicy (I let some of the spices in but not all of them because then it is so spicy)until the sauce thickens up and serve over rice. (The Mongolian Beef Mix is made by a company called Sun Bird, I can only find it when I go to my parents home in Ohio. Here is their website Sun-Bird® Asian Seasonings. Asian cooking with seasoning mixes and sauce mixes. » Seasonings )

I serve this over rice or noodles. I usually serve this with either store bought or homemade chicken egg rolls (I promise that recipe will follow tomorrow). I also like to have some nuttiness to this, so I put a handful of roasted peanuts over my serving/portion.

Sorry ladies, I am getting tired and will add some more recipes tomorrow. Have a sick kiddo in the house (pretty sure he has strep throat) and trying to get back in the swing of things after not sleeping very well last night. I think I am also just a little frustrated because I haven't had sex in over a week and it is driving me crazy!!! I think if we just had sex already then AF would come already!!!! Sorry for my side note rant there I also apologize if anything is misspelled for whatever reason right now, my fingers don't want to type the right keys on the keyboard.

Love Ya'll
Sarah Jane

Last edited by cutenurse24; March 4th, 2013 at 09:47 PM.