View Single Post
March 5th, 2013, 02:43 PM
Super Mommy
This thread is so nice! To meet the new momma's, and also to catch up with the current August ladies! It's so hard to keep track of who everyone is!

I am Lisa, and have a son E. He was born on 8/18/11. I go through spurts where I post here somewhat often (for me at least!) then I may disappear for weeks (or months!). E was behind in gross motor for awhile, but seems to be catching up now. He rolled over really late (I forget when, off the top of my head, but I know it was after 9 months), started "crawling" late, and didn't walk until 16.5-17 months. But now he's a walking man! We had been doing PT with him since about 9 months old, but will be discharged in a couple months if he continues to do well. He has two genetic disorders (one passed down from me, and one that appears to be a spontaneous mutation) and is followed by genetics, opthalmology, and cardiology. Both conditions can cause a spectrum of issues/manifestations, from very minor to severe. (My manifestations are very minor). So far he seems to be doing well, so we are keeping our fingers crossed. He is at a higher risk for a certain type of brain tumor, and will have to get MRIs periodically. 50% of patients with one of his genetic conditions develop glaucoma.

I work full-time outside the home, investigating abuse & neglect in adults with disabilities. My husband (E's dad) works full-time as well, so E goes to day care full time!

E: 8/18/11