View Single Post
March 5th, 2013, 07:28 PM
~Heather~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkapple View Post
Oh wow, that thought hadn't even crossed my mind! Thanks for the suggestion, I will definitely do so. I'm lucky in the fact that the backup midwife is very on-board with what I want, and the hospital is very forward-thinking in terms of natural birth and almost always has a water birth certified midwife on call...but you're right, I didn't even think of being told "no" to things that weren't an issue with anybody else!
Will you be delivering at AMC? If so, they are fabulous and you will be in good hands. It's always good to go over back up plans though

As for the fears, I think those are all normal first-time feelings. It's hard to know what to anticipate when you've never done something before, but be comforted in knowing that you were made to birth this baby, and your body knows what to do.

Find some positive birth affirmations and repeat them over and over again in your head. 22 Favorite Birth Quotes and Affirmations

“There is a secret in our culture, and it’s not that birth is painful. It’s that women are strong.” ~ Laura Stavoe Harm

"Just as a woman's heart knows when and how to pump, her lungs to inhale, and her hand to pull back from fire, so she knows when and how to give birth" ~Virginia Di Orio

“The knowledge of how to give birth without outside interventions lies deep within each woman. Successful childbirth depends on the acceptance of the process.” ~Suzanne Arms

“My baby is healthy and innately knows when to begin labor. My body knows how to birth by instinct. My mind has released all fears and trusts birth. I am enjoying this process and growing through it all.” ~Mrs. BWF

Powerful Birth Affirmation | Birth Without Fear
"The power and intensity of the contractions can not be stronger than you, because they are you"

You can do this Mama! I'm excited for you!

Last edited by GranolaMamaOf3; March 5th, 2013 at 07:31 PM.