Topic: Baby proofing
View Single Post
March 6th, 2013, 12:14 AM
Emmersyns Mommah
I just use gates where needed, outlet plugs where needed and cabinet locks where needed.

For gates - I just put one up around our TV stand today. She shimmys her way to wherever she wants to go while on her butt or belly (no crawling yet) and she has discovered all sorts of fun things in the TV stand. So we put that gate up today. . . I have told DH to keep his lap top, magazines and books out of low laying places. Once she learns how to crawl, I will put a gate up to the laundry room where the litter box is. And once she figures the stairs out - We'll put a gate there.

Cabinet locks - I'll just put it where the pots & pants and other cooking things are as well as cleaning stuff. Non-breakables and dangerous things will stay opened {partly because my older daughter needs to get into some of those areas for her cups, plates & bowls}.

Edit: I am in absolutely no hurry to baby proof. I did it early with Emmersyn- As soon as I thought she was going to be crawling. I could've waited on at least half my baby proofing for at least another month +. . . I hate having all sorts of gates up and in the way. So this time I am not going to do things until I absolutely HAVE to, lol.