View Single Post
March 6th, 2013, 06:20 AM
Just to update anyone following this thread:
Went to a health center today with intentions of getting blood work done. Urine test came back negative. Still no period. I am going to wait a while longer before I ask for blood work.
The NP assured me of how accurate the urine tests are and kept pushing me to get back on the pill. I understand the risks involved with intercourse, but I do not want to be on hormonal contraception anymore. I was on BC for 4 years before I stopped taking it. Anyway, that bothered me a little!
It was just an all around waste of time it seemed. I had to correct her math as we were counting on the calendar. She told me if I were pregnant, I'd be 5 weeks and that the tests I have taken would have been positive. In reality, my cycle is actually about 34 days (just based off of my period from December-January) which would make ovulation between 2/13 and 2/18 and I'd be 17-20 days pregnant.
So I don't mean to completely bash the NP. I don't doubt she is an intelligent woman, but I don't feel any better about the negative result. Guess its back to the waiting game for a while longer.