View Single Post
March 6th, 2013, 08:00 AM
Veteran
Sorry you need to have some crappy dental work done, Jess. I hate the dentist too! I have to go in to have a graft done on my gums next month to fix some recession on one of my molars and I am not looking forward to it. Yuck!

Thanks for the suggestion about myfitnesspal! I will check it out. Any holy crow, 55lbs??? That's amazing!

As far as the sleep issues go - we had a heck of a time too with transitioning from cosleeping to crib sleeping. I picked up the no cry sleep solution as well, and there is some good advice in there but what I really found the most helpful is just to use persistence. I could never, ever get my son to fall asleep in his crib, so I just kept putting him down in his crib as soon as he was out. At first he would wake up immediately and cry, so I would pick him up, get him back to sleep, and do it again. Over time he began to get used to it and tolerate being put down when he was in a light sleep. Now he sleeps about half the night alone in his crib. He isn't perfect yet, but we are very slowly getting there. Right now we still co-sleep with him, but only for the second half of the night, and DP and I take turns sleeping with him in his room so that we each get a good sleep at least 50% of the time. It isn't ideal, but he did sleep through the night once, so I know he can do it, and it gives me hope! I hope you get things figured out, sleep issues are really tough.