View Single Post
March 7th, 2013, 10:07 AM
Super Mommy
Hello,

I had pre-e in my first pregnancy and am being monitored closely in this pregnancy. I had my son at 32 weeks and my pre-e was severe and quick to escalate. I would suggest getting a bp cuff for at home (I got mine for 40 bucks on Amazon). I check mine a couple times a day to get a feel for when it is high. For instance, sometimes it is high in the morning, and I think that is because I am dehydrated. It also helps with the "white coat syndrome" that I was experiencing in the doctor's office. I was getting so nervous that my bp would shoot up, once I had the confidence of KNOWING that my BP was low, it took away the fear.

Here is the other thing...if its before 20 weeks, then high bp is not really a sign of pre-e. It is just a sign of pregnancy-induced hypertension. Of course, after 20 weeks PIH can lead to pre-e, but it is not an automatically correlated thing. Make sense?

I guess what I am saying is don't freak out yet (way easier said than done!), you may just have high bp during pregnancy.

There are some baby-safe drugs for bp. Maybe you should ask your OB.

Us pre-e mamas gotta stick together!