View Single Post
March 7th, 2013, 10:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks everyone! We are just doing what we have been so far called to do. No telling if/when it will end but we just hope we can help the kids that come across our paths in the best way possible!

I will know more about our prospective placement probably this evening. They are all having a meeting today about it, but as of right now it looks like we are going to be option B. The other family has expressed interest in adopting her and although they may not be the best fit for her, it's probably better for her to have continuity, however she cannot visit them while they have the teen boy in their care unless they can find a respite provider for him. So what they are going to do is allow us to start visiting with her and taking her once or twice a month for a weekend. The meeting today is to (1) reprimand them for not telling the staff at the genesis home that they have a teen boy with them and also not letting their social worker (who placed the teen boy with them) know that they were taking her for the weekend. It's happened twice now and they are NOT happy. And (2) to make certain that this family is absolutely on board with adopting her and to talk with them about what kind of care she needs vs what they can actually give her. Our SW is not sold on allowing them to adopt her b/c of her experience with them (they are 22 years old and don't have the life experience and parenting experience that she wants for a teen to live with them) however, in the girls case stability may be the bigger need over structure.

In the meantime they are going to visit with her and provide her weekend respite and hopefully start building a relationship with her so that if things fall through with the other family we are already there and waiting. I admit, it's been a sad morning for me to find out that we are option b at this point and this all may not work out. I'm really feeling like I got the air knocked out of me. But I know God's not done with this situation yet and no matter the outcome, in the end it will be what it will be.

Thanks for all your prayers! We truly appreciate it!