View Single Post
March 8th, 2013, 07:19 AM
Always Hoping & Praying
OMFG. So I was listening to the radio show I do in the morning - The Bert Show (based out of Atlanta but I listen here in Indy)...

So someone emailed them about having tried to get pregnant for 7 years and theyhave unexplained infertility...and how she feels that she truly "hates" women who get pregnant when she can't. Obviously we can all understand that...

So I TRY calling in but can't get through...of course the caller that DOES get through was all ...

"Maybe this woman doesn't realize it's in God's plan and that she should adopt - and anyone who does IVF is 'selfish'...".

OMFG seriously - it took so much out of me NOT to punch my radio...I tried calling again but still couldn't get through. I immediately emailed the show when I got into work telling them that it's that kind of IGNORANCE in society that makes us mad!

I told them "It's just like Cancer - would you EVER tell someone who has cancer to "just relax" or that it was in God's plan for them to be sick? HELL NO! And Infertility is a disease just like cancer is.

seriously I'm shaking I'm so mad right now. I need to calm down...but I did what I could - I emailed them to let them know how rude, insensitive and just plain WRONG that woman was.

Now the host of the show was saying how he knows it's infuriating for a woman to hear the "just relax, take a vacation, etc..." but to allow that caller to be what everyone hear - I told them infurates me because people need to be educated on the fact that INFERTILITY IS A DISEASE!!!!! IT IS PHYSICAL JUST LIKE HEART DISEASE OR CANCER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

ok, I need to calm down and get to work. Thank you for letting me vent.

btw - if you wanna go email them yourselves it's:
The Bert Show | Real. Funny.

I emailed the host of the show - who I like, and it wasn't him I was yelling at but the caller...

I know that woman wasn't

IVF=ONLY option

October 2012 = Fresh IVF #1 - retrieved 8, 6 fertilized. Transfer 2. Fail.March 2013 = Frozen #1 - Transfer 2 of 4 left. Fail.
February 2014 = Frozen #2 - Transfer remaining 2 - IMPLANTATION!
8 weeks, D&C - blighted ovum - Triploidy

July 2014 = Fresh IVF #2!

"Sometimes the bad things that happen in our lives put us directly on the path to the best things that will ever happen to us!"

Come visit my blog/journal to learn more about our journey - Our Adventure through Infertility