View Single Post
March 8th, 2013, 08:13 AM
Mommy to controlled chaos
Some babies just need to suck for comfort. Creighton takes a paci and sometimes he'll take it and fall asleep or just sit and suck it and others he will kick it back at me 2 or 3 times, and then I know he is really hungry and not just wanting to suck. If you try a pcai, know that if she is really hungry the paci won't do for her and she will spit it out and start to cry so it is not like you will starve her I know it is hard and I applaude you for keeping with teh breast feeding. If you do choose to go with pumping and giving her a bottle, I would recommend getting just a small amount of formula if you are afraid that as soon as you are done pumping she will want what you pumped and giving her just a small amount of formula once or twice so that you can pump and get slightly ahead of the game. This way perhaps you can have 2 feedings of BM stored so that when you pump next and she wants to eat you can give her one of the stored BM bottles instead. That being said I do agree with the other ladies that BF does get easier, most of the time but there is no shame in either pumping and giving expressed BM in a bottle or switching to formula. The most important thing you can give your little princess is love and a calm momma ((HUGS))
Talon
(12/05/05) Creighton (01/31/13) (05/02/14)